EMS Career Opportunities and Advancement
Tri-Hospital EMS employees are encouraged to maintain the highest standards in patient care. We offer free continuing education and various professional courses for those wishing to advance in licensure. Tri-Hospital EMS Education also offers courses such as PHTLS, ACLS, PEPP, PALS, and NALS for those seeking more of a challenge. Opportunities in our Education Department are also available for those who wish to become instructors.
BE PART OF A WINNING TEAM!
For those beginning a career in EMS, Tri-Hospital EMS offers entry level positions with out Assisted Transport Division. We also have opportunities available for all levels of licensure in our Health Care Answering Service.
Possible Positions Available
- Field Positions for EMT, EMT Specialists and Paramedics
- Dispatch Positions for all levels of Licensure (previous field experience preferred)
- Positions in our Health Care Answering Service for all levels of Licensure
- Entry Level Assisted Transport Positions
Personnel are assigned to one of our nine furnished stations. Our stations are equipped with all the comforts of home: Air conditioning, kitchens, sleeping quarters, cable television, Internet and shower facilities.
Our well maintained vehicles with modern equipment allow your focus to be on patient care.
Full time employees work 12 hour or 24 hour shifts; or a combination of the two. Work weeks are 42, 48 or 56 hours) Contingent and part time positions offer 10, 12 or 24 hours shift. Employees are rotated through all of the station offering a diversity of calls in both the rural and the urban settings. Local fire departments provide First Responder Services in the majority of our service area, providing an excellent team approach to patient care.
Wage scales are re-evaluated frequently and remain in-line with industry standards. Annual wage increases are given in accordance with wage scale. Previous experience is taken into consideration when determining starting wage.
Benefits of Employment
- Tax Sheltered Annuity (with substantial employer contribution
- Paid Time Off
- Long Term Disability (for purchase benefit)
- Dental & Optical Insurance Plans
- Paid Holidays
- Fully Furnished & Equipped Stations
- Payroll Deduction
- Competitive Wages
- Short Term Disability
- Health Insurance
- Uniforms Provided
- Supportive Work Environment
- Corporate Cellular & Paging Plans
- Employee Assistance Program (for the employee and their immediate family members)